Skip to main content

Budget Meal Recipes for May 7th - May 14th

Welcome back for another weekly install of Budget Meal Recipes! For those coming from other areas besides our Facebook page, Dave Ramsey - Budget Meal Ideas, these are great budget and time saving ideas that have been shared on the group this week. It's fun to go through and read everyone's Facebook posts from the group and see what recipes were posted. Thank you everyone for helping others save on the budget and find creative ways to create with food they already have on hand. One of these is great for a certain holiday.  I bet you can guess which one!  I laughed once I realized what it was.  Thank you also to those that posted product and printable ideas.

Product Ideas


Wise Bread has some great suggestions in their blog post 17 Cheap and Awesome Reusable Replacements for Disposable Products on how to save money by having reusable items instead of disposable products.  I really liked the Stainless Steel Drinking Straws.  My kids love straws but my littlest would go through several a day if I let him.  Personally, he'd love these as a birthday gift!

Eco-Friendly Stainless Steel
Water Bottle
Another idea Wise Bread listed is to use thermos hydration water bottle or eco-friendly stainless steel water bottles instead of disposable plastic water bottles you buy at the store.  I know our family used to use a lot of bottled water in the summer.  Now that we all go biking together, we already have a lot of water bottles at the house.  With seven of us, we could go through a case of water in a week without batting an eye.  I love the savings we are getting by not buying cases of water anymore.  Another bonus feature is I don't have to wonder which bottles belongs to which kids because we can have different colors and styles.

Recipes


So, did you figure out which holiday we have a great recipe for?  I am really tempted to try the Meat Hand next Halloween and see what my husband says.  My kids will think it is hilarious!

Printables

Everybody loves FREE, right?  DIY Home Sweet Home has a bunch of free organizing printables to help you run your household more smooothly, including freezer inventory list and pantry inventory list.  They are beautiful and all of the free printables can be organized into a Home Management binder together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Pasta Sauce Recipe

Thank you to Yvonne Cariere for providing our  Facebook group  with this delicious looking Simple Sausage Casserole recipe! Simple Pasta Sauce by Yvonne Cariere Ingredients 2-3 servings 1 jar of tomato sauce 2 chopped red bell peppers 1 small zucchini in quarters 250grams of mushrooms 1-2 chopped onions 3 sliced garlic toes 200 grams of cherry tomatoes 2 heaped tablespoons of Italian herbs (no salt) 500 grams of good quality minced meat (best you can afford without breaking budget) Bake the onions in olive oil with one tablespoon of the herbs. Add the garlic, then mushrooms. When these are starting to smell, add the bell peppers and the zucchini. As last add the tomatoes, sliced. Add the tomato sauce, and a tiny bit (150ml) of water. In other pan with a tiny bit of olive oil, start cooking the minced meat. Add a tablespoon of Italian herbs. When it is done, add to the sauce/veggie mix. Let the sauce shimmer with a lid for at least half an hour and then pu...

Budget Meal Recipes for April 30th - May 6th

Ham and Potato Corn Chowder Welcome to the Budget Meal Recipes website! We have over 2,000 members on our Facebook group, Dave Ramsey - Budget Meal Ideas ! To make finding recipes easier, each week I will be posting the budget meal recipes shared on our Facebook page here in a weekly post. Soon you will also be able to use the category tab to search for specific types of recipes. If you find a recipe you'd like to share, please post a link to it on the Dave Ramsey - Budget Meal Ideas Facebook page and I will get it in. Please keep in mind that all recipes need to be budget friendly as the purpose of the group is to help us save money on groceries. Thanks!  Products   A member posted this deal on the Facebook page.  I have an Instant Pot and LOVE IT although mine is a different one. This pot is the  Instant Pot IP-DUO Plus60 9-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker, 6 Qt .  This kind of pot saves me a lot of time in the kitchen and money on g...

Budget Meal Recipes for June 19th - July 2

   Many of you have probably noticed that I haven't posted for a bit.  We've been on vacation at our house plus lots of other things going on!  I hope everyone else has had a great two weeks as ours has been very fun and productive. For one of these trips we wound up eating on the go in the van.  Definitely not our favorite way to do dinner but we needed to leave then or wait until the next day.  I didn't want to spend $20-$30 hitting the drive through so I made a cheap and fast homemade lunchables to tide us over.  (I'll admit I even had to put them together in the car with the pre-sliced toppings.)  Right about then I realized what an absolute rip off store bought lunchables are. Videos How to live on $3 a Day - Day 4 Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe Recipes One Pan Cheesy Chicken Broccoli and Quinoa Hilaria Baldwin's Shrimp & Quinoa Paella 20-minute Chicken Fajita Quinoa Dinner Skillet Slow Cooker Cheesy Enchilada Q...