Skip to main content

Budget Meal Recipes for June 12th - June 18th



Bals Lentil Cookies
I hope everyone has had a great week!  Here in the U.S., Sunday was Father's Day, a day known for great grilling and feeding dad his favorite foods. My husband lucked out and his sister had made his favorite dessert, peanut butter bars, for the potluck Father's Day dinner.  I'm thankful for the time we get to spend with family and enjoy good food together!

Small Brown Lentils

Every week as I go through and find the recipes on the Facebook group I end up thinking I shouldn't be doing this around lunch time.  There are so many yummy looking recipes! I'm so excited to see what other people make and try new things.  My husband is absolutely loving this group as I'm finally, after almost 20 years of marriage, branching out more in the cooking area.  Thank you for being there for each other, everyone!

This week I noticed we seem to have a Beans and/or Rice theme in the recipe department.  A great ode to Dave Ramsey, haha.  I'll be adding a beans and rice section on our category page soon.  Who knew you could make cookies from lentils?  That's one way to get my kids to happily eat beans!

RECIPE VIDEOS


I love food videos.  I'm excited that I finally have a venue to share them besides just on my own personal Facebook page.  The videos "How to Mark Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day" and "Spaghetti Bundt Pie" were shared in the Dave Ramsey - Budget Meal Ideas group this week. If you missed them the first time around, here they are again.

For the Video "How to Make Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day", this is the book they recommend in the video, The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Discovery That Revolutionizes Home Baking.  You can click on the link  or the image to learn more about it and order it.

How to Make Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day

 

 Spaghetti Bundt Pie 

MEAL PLANNING

As I've worked on our grocery budget each month, I've discovered the obvious - you save a lot of money if you meal plan.  Now implementing that knowledge for me is easier said than done.  Thankfully there are a number of websites out there to help you with that.  If you have a specific ingredient you want to use, the first three websites and great for that.  For those wanting to plan and go shopping, eMeals and Plan To Eat are good choices.


  1. Supercook,com
  2. Allrecipes.com
  3. Recipekey.com
  4. Plantoeat.com
  5. eMeals.com

RECIPES

  1. DIY Homemade Taco Seasoning
  2. Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli
  3. Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken
  4. Cheap Korean Beef with Brown Rice
  5. Baked French Toast
  6. Crock Pot Beef Carnitas Tacos
  7. Thai Steak Lettuce Cups with Spicy Green Beans & Sushi Rice
  8. Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
  9. Better than Takeout Ham Fried Rice
  10. Ham and Potato Cheddar Soup
  11. Overnight Eggs Benedict Casserole
  12. Crockpot Ham and Beans
  13. Bals Lentil Cookie Recipe
  14. One Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
  15. Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
  16. Really Good Vegetarian Meatloaf Recipe
  17. Lentils and Spinach Recipe
  18. Tasty Lentils Tacos Recipe
  19. Fruit Salad Four Ways
  20. Slow Cooker Taco Chicken Bowls
  21. 12 Totally Sophisticated Ways for Adults to Eat Spaghetti
  22. 20 Creative Spaghetti Recipes
  23. Easy Crockpot and Stuffing Chicken
  24. Black Bean Burgers
  25. Caprese Chicken
  26. Spaghetti Bundt Pie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Budget Meal Recipes for September 23rd - September 26th

Thank you to everyone that is sharing links to recipes!  I know we all love trying new things.  That being said, the computer is having issues today so the list is only for a few days instead of the whole week.  Something is better than nothing, though! Amazon Deal of the Day I am watching for a specific food item to come on sale on Amazon.  In the meantime, I am finding some other good deals that others of you might appreciate. The first is the Issiki Kitchen Pastry Cutter.  ON SALE FOR $4.90!  That is cheaper than you can get at any box store and it is much better quality, too.  While I'll admit $47.06 is definitely overkill for a pastry cutter, the deal price is definitely worth it. The second deal is the Bluesim 7.5 Inch Professional Chef's Knife.  My husband and I discovered this week that a good sharp knife makes working in the kitchen so much easier.  Our knives are all fairly dull so this week I finally pulled out a boxed knife similar to the Bluesim Professi

Budget Meal Recipes for June 19th - July 2

   Many of you have probably noticed that I haven't posted for a bit.  We've been on vacation at our house plus lots of other things going on!  I hope everyone else has had a great two weeks as ours has been very fun and productive. For one of these trips we wound up eating on the go in the van.  Definitely not our favorite way to do dinner but we needed to leave then or wait until the next day.  I didn't want to spend $20-$30 hitting the drive through so I made a cheap and fast homemade lunchables to tide us over.  (I'll admit I even had to put them together in the car with the pre-sliced toppings.)  Right about then I realized what an absolute rip off store bought lunchables are. Videos How to live on $3 a Day - Day 4 Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe Recipes One Pan Cheesy Chicken Broccoli and Quinoa Hilaria Baldwin's Shrimp & Quinoa Paella 20-minute Chicken Fajita Quinoa Dinner Skillet Slow Cooker Cheesy Enchilada Quinoa Bake Tortill

Easy One Pan Dinner Recipes - Video Tutorials

While some people love to spend a ton of time in the kitchen cooking, I am not one of them.  I'm all about cheap and easy - definitely the easy part.  That being said, I found some great videos on Youtube for One-pan Dinners.  Because nobody really ever wants to do a ton of dishes but we do want to look like gourmet chefs.  Most of these recipes were made using a aluminum sheet pan . I personally love these types of pans and use ours a lot.  I found the Winware Aluminum Sheet Pan on Amazon that is the same size that we use and it cheaper than buying it at the local stores.  I really like the larger size as it is more versatile.  That being said, two sheet pans is probably plenty to have for most families. Winware 18 Inch x 26 Inch Aluminum Sheet Pan Easy one-pan or one-dish dinners are also a great cooking method to teach your kids before they move out.  For us, our oldest leaves this fall and he will definitely be learning these methods along with myself.